Pannier Market, Guildhall
This strand involves the repurposing and diversification of the market into a flexible space for a more varied and ambitious programme of markets, cultural events and community gatherings.
We have appointed a Devon-based contractor, Westcountry Maintenance Services to carry out repairs and improvements to Barnstaple Pannier Market and the proposed works will include:
- refurbishment of the market street toilets to provide: An entrance from the market as well as the existing entrance from market street, five unisex toilets, one baby changing facility with adult WC and child WC as well as one disabled toilet
- relocation of the office to the old Pannier Market café
- repairs to the roof including gutters and windows
- glazing of doors to Butchers Row
- refurbishment of corn store into an insulated/self-contained space and traders' storage area
- relocation of storage/bins area to rear wall adjacent to Queens Theatre
- external refurbishment works to The Guildhall
The Market partially reopened and welcomed traders back in August 2023, with a full reopening expected in October 2023.